kiki
For my inaugural post I am going with what my boy and I made for dinner tonight. We have pretty similar tastes in food, and one of our favorites is pretty much anything covered in buffalo sauce. Its tangy, salty and spicy, three of my most loved flavor profiles.

We made two different buffalo flavored meals, buffalo chicken pizza and buffalo chicken salad. Normally we don't make two different things for dinner, but he wanted pizza and I ate pizza for lunch (another take-out purchase of shame) so I didn't feel like a repeat.

This meal made use of many conveniently pre-packaged store bought ingredients, which made it easy time-wise, but I am hoping to make more and more things from scratch in the future as my budget allows.



Buffalo Chicken Pizza:

14oz store bought pizza dough
3/4 cup buffalo sauce
1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
onions
mozzarella cheese
sliced chicken breast
salt and pepper
  1. We spread the pizza dough out on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
  2. Meanwhile I cooked the chicken breasts on a George Forman grill lightly seasoned with salt and pepper.
  3. Then we combined the buffalo sauce and the blue cheese dressing in a bowl and spread it over the pizza crust and topped in with chopped onions.
  4. Then we covered it in cheese and the cooked sliced chicken breast.
  5. Baked it in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. This created an extra crispy crust which we prefer, but it might be overdone for some people. 
The end result was tasty and it only took 25 minutes to make, including the cooking time, so I would make it again as a quicky meal on a busy night.



For the salad I went really simple since we didn't have a lot of fresh veggies in the fridge and to be honest I wouldn't make it again without more ingredients to spice it up, but it filled the hole so to speak. Crumbled blue cheese, cucumbers and some kind of crouton would have made it better.

Buffalo Chicken Salad:

romaine lettuce
spinach
onions
tomatoes
chicken
buffalo sauce
blue cheese dressing

  1. I chopped up the romaine lettuce and mixed it with baby spinach leaves, then I salt and peppered the salad. 
  2. I arranged chopped tomatoes and onions on top, along with the chicken, and then covered it with the leftover sauce from the pizza.



 For a quick throw-it-together type of meal it wasn't bad, but I can't wait to make something a little more complicated the next time.
0 Responses

Post a Comment